Risk Assessment according to EN ISO 12100
The risk assessment forms part of Annex I, Essential Health and Safety Requirements (EHSR's) of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, which is binding.
It is the first step that must be taken in the technical file.
It must be conducted during the machine mechanical design phase.
This means we can eliminate risks through the very design of the machine.
The risk assessment comprises:
- The risk analysis, which comprises:
- determining the limits of the machine;
- identifying hazards;
- estimating risks.
- The evaluation of risks.
SpecificationsOur risk assessment is based upon the following standards or specifications:
- EN ISO 12100 Safety of machinery. General principles for design. Risk assessment and risk reduction.
- ISO/TR 14121-2 Safety of machinery - Risk assessment - Part 2: Practical guidance and examples of methods.
ExamplesSome of the documents included in the technical file for the machine are shown below:
The documentation can be delivered:
- In PDF digital format.
- In Spanish. Other languages on demand.