Electro-sensitive protective equipment (ESPE)
DescriptionAt i9s we carry out certified initial and regular ESPE inspections, such as safety laser scanners and safety light curtains or barriers in order to verify and certify their correct installation, equipment selection, safety distance, parameterisation, etc.
We also verify whether the ESPE has been wilfully inhibited or bypassed.
SpecificationsThe inspections are based on the following standards or specifications:
- ESPE manufacturer's instructions: safety, assembly and commissioning.
- IEC/TS 62046 Application of protective equipment to detect the presence of persons.
- EN 349+A1 Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body.
- EN ISO 13855 Positioning of safeguards with respect to the approach speeds of parts of the human body.
- EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery. Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs.
ExamplesSome examples of ESPE and their operating systems are shown below:
Scope of inspectionThe inspection consists of the following parts:
- Function of the ESPE and assembly position.
- Correct installation according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Identification of the elements and electrical documentation.
- Correct installation and operation of the reset.
- Verification of the EDM contactor check (if applicable).
- Voltage cut-off and reset tests.
- Verification of the protection area.
- Verification if the safety area has been bypassed, of gaps, guard heights, etc.
- Correct operation of the muting system (if it applies).
- Correct operation of the blanking system (if it applies).
- Correct operation of the safety areas switching (if it applies).
- Verification of the parameterisation software.
The following is delivered with each certificate:
- A PDF format inspection certificate.
- A list of possible Non-Conformities found.
(In Spanish. Other languages on demand.)
Download Technical Sheet pdf (0,67 MB)