Heights and Safety Distances of Guards
DescriptionMachinery guards must provide a barrier between the operators and the hazardous areas of the machine. Therefore they must be located at the heights and safety distances specified in the standards to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs.
i9s verifies that the guards conform to standards in terms of heights, safety distances, openings, types, etc.
SpecificationsThe inspections are based on the following standard:
- EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery. Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs.
- EN 349 Safety of machinery. Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body.
- EN ISO 14120 Safety of machinery. Guards. General requirements for the design and construction of fixed and movable guards.
ExamplesExamples are shown below:
Scope of inspectionChecklist according to the standards.
The following is delivered with each certificate:
- A PDF format inspection certificate.
- A list of possible Non-Conformities found.
(In Spanish. Other languages on demand.)