Machine Safety Functions
DescriptionThe safety functions of a machine must be in perfect working order, free of by-passes and with life time of the elements must be in force. Before taking delivery or commissioning a machine or after a modification, you must be completely sure that all safety functions are enabled and also that they stop the control devices and/or dangerous situations for operators. That is why it is very important to carry out a certified inspection of these functions in order to demonstrate that all the safety functions were enabled and in perfect working order on that date. This must include the safety PLC, as well as all the programmable safety-related components.
SpecificationsThe certificates are based on functional tests covered by the following standards:
- EN ISO 13849-2 Safety of machinery. Safety-related parts of control systems. Part 2: Validation.
- IEC/EN 62061 Safety of machinery: Functional safety of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems.
- UNE-EN 61508-1 a 7 Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems.
ExamplesExamples of safety functions and of the functional tests are shown below:
Scope of inspectionFunctional testing of the safety functions according to functional test plan.
The following is delivered with each certificate:
- A PDF format inspection certificate.
- A list of possible Non-Conformities found.
(In Spanish. Other languages on demand.)